Fusion has been awarded AS9100D along with ISO 9001:2015 certification from NSF International for the design, manufacture, distribution and service of our client’s products and components.
ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, is the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards. ISO 9001 is the most widely used quality certification and also one of the most stringent. AS9100 is the internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) standard specific to the aerospace, aviation and defense industries. This standard is strongly supported and adhered to by major aerospace OEMs and is being required by vendors within the supply chain on an increasing basis. AS9100 places additional emphasis on structured design and validation methodologies, configuration management, and identification and traceability.
Combined, these standards ensure that every aspect of our business is well-run and continually improving, including key processes, management roles and responsibilities, documentation, customer satisfaction, employee training, service and internal audits. The process of upgrading our QMS to AS9100D began last year when we decided to expand our market presence by achieving the necessary steps to become a government contractor. Pursuing AS9100D certification was a logical next step for improving our system while growing our business. More than a dozen process owners and internal auditors worked to obtain AS9100D certification. Although we have been ISO certified for the past five years, adding AS9100D certification allows us to better serve our existing clients and obtain new clients in the commercial aerospace and military aerospace industries.
This certification strengthens Fusion OEM’s competitive position and standardizes our quality processes across all of our programs. The addition of AS9100D certification compliments our ISO 9001:2015 certification and highlights our focus on supporting the stringent requirements of the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries.
I would like to thank NSF for conducting the audit and our exceptionally talented team that made the commitment to upgrade our QMS to AS9100D.
Supplier Terms & Conditions
General Quality Requirements
1. A certificate of conformance must accompany all shipments.
2. All parts ordered herein are to be compliant to part specifications.
3. Seller shall not deviate from the engineering specification in any way without prior written approval from buyer.
4. Seller must notify buyer of any nonconforming product and obtain approval from buyer for nonconforming product disposition prior to shipment.
5. Seller must notify buyer of product and/or process changes, supplier changes, or changes in manufacturing facility location.
6. Seller shall maintain all records pertaining to manufactured items for a period of at least ten years from the date of production. If records cannot be maintained for ten years, Seller shall provide copies of records to buyer prior to destruction.
7. Seller shall grant buyer and/or customer and regulatory authorities the right of access to all facilities involved in this order and of all applicable records.
8. Seller shall flow down above requirements to any subcontractors involved in this order.
9. All items purchased on this purchase order must be RoHS and REACH compliant.
Fusion Systems, Inc. is required by Aerospace Standard AS9100D to communicate to our external providers its
a) The processes, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data (e.g. specifications, drawings, process requirements, work instructions);
b) The approval of:
1. Products and services;
2. Methods, processes, and equipment;
3. The release of products and services;
c) Competence, including any required qualification of persons;
d) The external providers’ interactions with Fusion Systems, Inc.
e) Control and monitoring of the external providers’ performance to be applied by Fusion Systems, Inc.
f) Verification or validation activities that Fusion Systems, Inc., or its Customer, intends to perform at the external providers’ premises;
g) Design and development control;
h) Special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics;
i) Test, inspection, and verification (including production process verification);
j) The use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by Fusion Systems, Inc.
k) The need to:
– Implement a quality management system;
– Use Fusion Systems, Inc. designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g. special processes);
– Notify Fusion Systems, Inc. of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition;
– Prevent the use of counterfeit parts;
– Notify Fusion Systems, Inc of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location
of manufacture, and obtain Fusion Systems, Inc.’s approval;
– Flow down to external providers applicable requirements including Fusion Systems, Inc. requirements;
– Provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing;
– Retain documented information, including retention periods and disposition requirements;
l) The right of access by Fusion Systems, Inc., Our customers, and regulating authorities to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain;
m) Ensuring that persons are aware of:
– Their contribution to product or service conformity,
– Their contribution to product safety,
– The importance of ethical behavior.