Fusion was at the Universal Robots booth at FABTECH last week at McCormick Place in Chicago. We showcased a pre-configured machine tending solution with a UR16e and Schunk Grippers. We spoke about how utilizing the FC-Series equipment for efficient, reliable, uninterrupted machine tending throughout the day and into the off-shifts (lights-out) enhances the ROI on your capital equipment. Also how the cobotic system allows you to automate safely without tying up money and valuable floorspace that is required by conventional robotic machine tending solutions. We had a busy and productive four days!
In case you weren’t able to attend, or if you just didn’t make it to everything (since there was so much ground to cover), here’s a recap of the event.
Over 1800 exhibitors provided plenty to see and do and were segmented by: Robots & Industrial Automation, Metalform, Tube & Pipe, Welding & Finishing, Finishing & Coating, Forming & Fabrication, 3D/Additive Manufacturing and CMES. In addition, the new products section featured over 100 innovations.
Keynote speaker Frank Abagnale, known for the biographical film Catch Me If You Can, discussed his well-known background and how businesses can protect themselves from fraud.
Veterans shared their inspirational stories:
- Herenan Luis y Prado, Founder and CEO of Workshops for Warriors provides quality training and educational programs in STEM.
- Jason T. Ray, CEO of Paperless Parts and former veteran, focuses on supporting job shop manufacturers.
- Mission: Ambition is a woman and veteran owned business that equips, trains and educates military and civilian personnel on intelligence and professional development modules.
- Animatronics Engineering Expert Grant Imahara from MythBusters spoke about how he used his electronics and robotics expertise during the show and shared his fun-filled experiences with busting myths.
- A discussion took place on the state of the automation industry and the impact on humans with the integration of robot workers
- Numerous educational workshops for every facet of manufacturing were available to attend.
Photo courtesy of Universal Robots. Show details provided in part by Fabtech Show Daily Publication.
There will be upcoming FABTECH shows in 2020 in Mexico City, Toronto, and Las Vegas.
For more information on Fusion’s Cobot Systems Integration Services and Products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-952-9020.